Notices > Invitation For Bids For The Supply Of White Crystal Cane Sugar (R)
Salt Trading Corporation Limited
International Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Invitation for Bids for the supply of White Crystal Cane Sugar
Bid Identification No: STC/TN/S/2080/081/0004(R)
Date of publication: November 1st, 2023
Date of submission: November 3rd, 2023
1. Salt Trading Corporation Limited (STCL) invites sealed bids, from eligible bidders, for the procurement of 10,000 MT of White Crystal Cane Sugar. (Herein after called the “Bid”/ “Goods”)
2. The bidder has the option to quote their price in United States Dollars and Indian rupees or both currency in one or all of the following delivery points and terms as per the delivery schedule and the conditions set forth in the tender document for the supply and delivery of white crystal cane sugar (“herein after called the Tender”) on CIP Indian Railheads of the border of Birgunj (Raxaul, Bihar and/or ICD, Sirsia, Parsa, Nepal).
3. Prices quoted by the bidders shall be fixed during the bidder’s performance of the contract and shall not be subject to variation on any account. A bid submitted with an adjustable price will be treated as non-responsive and shall be rejected.
4. The sale of bidding documents will be on all days up to 16.00 hours between 11:00 hours of November 1st, 2023 to 12:00 hours of November 3rd, 2023 from the Salt Trading Corporation Limited, Central Office, Kalimati, Kathmandu, Nepal. The bidding documents can be purchased only by the sugar manufacturer on the submission of a written application, along with the copy of valid sugar manufacturer Certificate, certificate of Incorporation, and VAT/Tax certificate upon payment of a non-refundable fee of NPR 10,000.00 (In Words Nepali Rupees Ten thousand only) in cash.
5. Wax Sealed Bids must be submitted at Salt Trading Corporation limited, Central Office, Kalimati, Kathmandu Nepal at 13:00 hours of November 3rd, 2023 Tender documents can be submitted before the last date, however, will not be accepted after 13:00 hours on November 3rd, 2023.
6. Bids shall be opened in the presence of Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at 15:00 hours on November 3rd, 2023 at the Salt Trading Corporation Limited, Central Office, Kalimati, Kathmandu, Nepal. Bids must be valid for a period of 21 days counting from the day of bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security, amounting to 2.5% of the total value of the bid which shall be valid for minimum 30 days beyond the bid validity period. Documents received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
7. If the last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a government holiday then the next working day shall be considered. In such a case, the bid validity and bid security validity shall be recognized with effect from the original bid submission deadline.
8. The bidder is expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms and specifications in the bidding document. Failure to furnish all information required by the bidding documents or submission of a bid not substantially responsive to the bidding document in every respect shall be at the bidder’s risk and may result in the rejection of its bid.
9. STCL will open the required number of Letter of credit for the consignment as per the delivery schedule provided in the bid.
10. In case the bids are from countries where there is a prevalent export duty, and should there be any reduction in the said export duty from the country of origin, the effective price would be the price less the waivered export duty. Similarly, in case there is any export subsidy given by the government of that country post the bid opening, the same will also be deducted from the bid price at the actual time of purchase/dispatch.
11. Among the total quantity for White Crystal Cane Sugar to be delivered, each consignment must be delivered as per the delivery schedule mentioned in the terms of the tender and as mentioned in the Letter of Credit
12. In case of a force majeure event occurred in the country of the origin as mentioned in the bid during the execution of the contract, the Supplier shall supply the goods from any other country acceptable to STCL so as to meet delivery schedule.
13. Purchased bid document will be valid only for specified principal supplier.
14. The Purchaser (STCL) reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to the award of the contract without assigning any reason whatsoever.